Thought for the day:

"Give me grace to amend my life, and to have an eye to mine end, without grudge of death, which to them that die in thee,
good Lord, is the gate of a wealthy life."
St. Thomas More

THREE THINGS

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man; to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
St. Thomas Aquinas

Rights of Man?

"The people have heard quite enough about what are called the 'rights of man'. Let them hear about the rights of God for once". Pope Leo XIII Tamesti future, Encyclical

Eternity

All souls owe their eternity to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many have turned their back to him.


Friday, June 13, 2014

Remember the Sacred Heart of Jesus


Do you remember that the month of June is dedicated to the Most Sacred of Jesus? Many these days don't. And, since this is Friday, which is always dedicated to His Sacred Heart, I thought I'd share just a few short prayers which I do each day of the year. There are thousands of these prayers, but these are just a few. I also do these in the same order. That way I can remember them better. Anyway, here goes:

All for Thee, Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.

Divine Heart of Jesus, save the dying, convert sinners, deliver the holy souls in purgatory.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, grant that I may love Thee evermore.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, make my heart like unto Thine.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I offer Thee my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day, in reparation for my countless sins, for the conversion of sinners, for the intentions of the Holy Father, and for the intentions of all our associates. (I also pray that the intentions of the Holy Father are God's will).

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us and on our separated brethren.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, burning with Love for us, grant that we may love Thee forevermore.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy Love for me and I put all my trust in Thee; for I fear all things for my own weaknesses, but I hope for all things for Thy Goodness.

May the Passion of Our Lord Jesus save us.

May the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary protect us.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I give myself to Thee through Mary.


After this I do the Litany of Loreto, which is dedicated to Mary, asking for her prayers. And, I believe that Vatican II had a blind squirrel moment(*), when they added the prayer: 'Mother of the Church, pray for us.' This follows:

'Mother of our Creator, pray for us.
Mother of our Saviour, pray for us.'

To me this makes sense. She is the Mother of the Holy Trinity. Being made the mother of the Creator, the Saviour and the Church is just that. The society of Pope Pius X misses out on this petition, since they only go by the missal of 1962, and this petition hadn't been added as yet.



I hope you can get something out of these petitions, especially during this month dedicated to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.







NOTE: '*' This refers to the fact that even a blind squirrel can find a nut.



No comments: