Thought for the day:

"Give me grace to amend my life, and to have an eye to mine end, without grudge of death, which to them that die in thee,
good Lord, is the gate of a wealthy life."
St. Thomas More

THREE THINGS

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man; to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
St. Thomas Aquinas

Rights of Man?

"The people have heard quite enough about what are called the 'rights of man'. Let them hear about the rights of God for once". Pope Leo XIII Tamesti future, Encyclical

Eternity

All souls owe their eternity to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many have turned their back to him.


Friday, May 26, 2017

Anything else need to be said? RERUN

I have noticed so many views of this post from last year, I decided to run it again.  Besides, it is so important!
Mother Teresa said that the greatest sin of the 20th century was 'Communion in the Hand'.(*There is a dispute as to whether she actually said this.  My question would be for you:  "If she did say it, would you think the world, especially the leaders of the Church, would actually acknowledge it, considering that the whole world does it?")

(Anyway, here is what was actually said to a very good Priest whom I have served at Holy Mass approx. 1990.  He is also a convert, coming from the Anglican church.)

"Wherever I go in the whole world, the thing that makes me the saddest is watching people receive Communion in the hand."- As reported by Fr. George Rutler in his 1989 Good Friday sermon at St. Agnes Church, New York. When Mother Teresa of Calcutta was asked by Fr. Rutler, "What do you think is the worst problem in the world today?" without pausing a second she gave the above reply. She stated that to her knowledge, all of her sisters receive  Communion only on the tongue.
 
 
People with dirty hands before handling Him for Holy Communion; Particles falling to the floor, to be swept up into a Hoover and thrown in a trash receptacle; and general disbelief in the Real Presence, have all led to Him be thrown away like common garbage. Protestants at Vat. II 'helped' to make our Mass acceptable to themselves, and they have gotten their way And, our leaders have let them! I think that this just shows how little belief in the Real Presence is in the Church. Anyway, I think this picture shows it all.

It was painted by Rodrigo Garcia for the "Remnant' newspaper, March 23rd, 2016 issue.

When I converted 34 years ago, and heard that Jesus Himself, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity was in the Host, I had a decision to make. I had always received communion at my protestant church, first taking the wafer from the dish, then taking a cup of grape juice, and consuming. No big deal. Now, after my conversion, I didn't deem myself worthy to touch Him, and I have NEVER held Him in my grubby little hands. I had strange looks from priests early on when I was going to the N.O. Mass, but it didn't deter me, even when I started to kneel. My wife and I started kneeling after a great deal of praying. We needed strength. On our first time, knowing that our priest would not be very happy about it, we had a visiting priest from South America. I told him of our intentions to kneel, he told me that if I was to lay prostrate on the floor, he would get down there and give me Communion. On my way to read the announcements, I told my wife that we were good to go. What a relief! I have never regretted my decision.

Here is another story. When I converted, I took Bible study classes. Someone there mentioned that the angels were present at the Consecration. It made sense to me, if He Himself was present. Anyway, I was the commentator then, reading the announcements and so forth. So, after receiving Holy Communion, I was kneeling at the side of the altar. To my left, a man came to Communion carrying a little boy of approx. 2-3 years. The boy pointed toward the ceiling and asked his dad: "Who are all those people?" The man responded: "There's no one there." I knew then and there that what I had heard at Bible class was absolutely true. The angels WERE there! Keep in mind that this was Easter morning, and all that was on the altar was the risen Christ. And flowers.

A last thought: How many of these heavenly beings cry at the thought of Jesus being trampled upon at Masses these days, when Particles are surely falling on the floor?

No comments: