Thought for the day:

"Give me grace to amend my life, and to have an eye to mine end, without grudge of death, which to them that die in thee,
good Lord, is the gate of a wealthy life."
St. Thomas More

THREE THINGS

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man; to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
St. Thomas Aquinas

Rights of Man?

"The people have heard quite enough about what are called the 'rights of man'. Let them hear about the rights of God for once". Pope Leo XIII Tamesti future, Encyclical

Eternity

All souls owe their eternity to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many have turned their back to him.


Friday, March 29, 2013

Our Salvation has begun



I'm going to add something that I have on a tee shirt:
If I'm OK, and you're OK, explain this!


I would also like to add a prayer from last night, Maunday Thursday. On this day, Jesus gave a mandate, or 'mandatum', in which Jesus gave the Apostles these instructions:

To offer the Body and Blood of Him in the Most August Sacrament of the Eucharist, and to wash the feet of others, thus humbling themselves.

Here is the prayer, in which we pray for those who are not within the fold of the Divine Shepherd, Jesus. This is an indulgenced prayer (200 days each time said), from Pope Pius VII in 1815:

Jesus, my God, my Saviour, true God and true man, in that lowly homage with which the Faith itself inspires me, with my whole heart I adore and love Thee in the most august Sacrament of the Altar, in reparation for all the acts of irreverence, profanation, and sacrilege, which I myself may ever have committed, as well as for all such like acts that ever have been done by in ages yet to come. I adore Thee, my God, not indeed as Thou deservest, not as much as I am bound to adore, but as far as I am able; and I would that I could adore Thee with all the perfection of which a reasonable creature is capable. Meantime I purpose now and ever to adore Thee, not only for those Catholics who adore and love Thee not, but also for the conversion of all bad Christians, and for all heretics, schismatics, Mohammedans, Jews, and idolators. Jesus, my God, mayest Thou be ever known, adored, loved, and praised every moment, in the most holy and divine sacrament. Amen.

May we all be true to our promises we have made to God throughout our lives. Jesus, have mercy.


Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, the lamb of the new sacrifice, which forever takes place of the old sacrifice of the Jews. This is the Real Bread and Real Blood of our dear Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

No comments: