Thought for the day:

"Give me grace to amend my life, and to have an eye to mine end, without grudge of death, which to them that die in thee,
good Lord, is the gate of a wealthy life."
St. Thomas More

THREE THINGS

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man; to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
St. Thomas Aquinas

Rights of Man?

"The people have heard quite enough about what are called the 'rights of man'. Let them hear about the rights of God for once". Pope Leo XIII Tamesti future, Encyclical

Eternity

All souls owe their eternity to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many have turned their back to him.


Sunday, January 22, 2012

3rd Sunday after Epiphany

It's been a relatively busy week. First, the snow, which is first plowed or shoveled, and which is melted in a few days because the temperature is in the upper 30's or low 40's! Go figure. Also, a friend of mine gave me some supplies for making rosaries. Her sister and mother(both now deceased) used to make them a lot. Anyway, I've been busy making my own system, and I think I've got it down now. I've made a variety of them, from small to larger ones. Now, while I still have many beads left, I seem to be getting short on crucifixes and center pieces. So, if any one has any old rosaries and would like to dispose of them or recycle them, make a comment and I will be in touch.

Next, this week's readings. We hear St. Paul tell us not to seek revenge, since it is the Lord's business in doing so. Sometimes it's hard to turn the other cheek, so to speak, but we must try to learn this.

In the Gospel from St. Matthew, we hear the words which we hear in every Mass: "Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldst enter under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant shall be healed." Of course, we are praying for our own souls in this phrase. How unworthy are we anyway? QUITE! Something else we have to work on. Building the Faith in our lives as much as possible.

I would like to end with a Commemoration of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which I hope is read today, but can't be sure of unless you are right up there on the altar.

O God, who by the fruitful Virginity of Blessed Mary hast given to mankind the rewards of eternal salvation, grant, we beseech thee, that we may experience her intercession, by whom we received the Author of life, our Lord Jesus Christ, thy Son.

Lord, have mercy on us.

No comments: