Thought for the day:

"Give me grace to amend my life, and to have an eye to mine end, without grudge of death, which to them that die in thee,
good Lord, is the gate of a wealthy life."
St. Thomas More

THREE THINGS

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man; to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
St. Thomas Aquinas

Rights of Man?

"The people have heard quite enough about what are called the 'rights of man'. Let them hear about the rights of God for once". Pope Leo XIII Tamesti future, Encyclical

Eternity

All souls owe their eternity to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many have turned their back to him.


Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday--1st week of Advent

Just as soon as I get my driveways all cleared out, here comes the snowplow. I should get stock in Epsom salts. Anyway, we move on, only slower.
This first prayer is from the Ambrosian missal:

Almighty and everlasting God, who, by the coming of thine only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ, didst deign to shine on us with a new light; grant unto us, that as we deserved to have Him as our companion in the form of our body, by the birth the Virgin gave Him; so also we may merit to be His companions in the kingdom of His grace; who liveth and reigneth with thee for ever and ever. Amen.

And now, our prayer for the Holy Eucharist as an act of praise:

O everlasting kingdom, kingdom of endless ages, whereon rests the untroubled light and the peace of God which passes all understanding, where the souls of the saints are at rest, and everlasting joy is upon their heads, and sorrow and sighing have fled away. Oh how glorious is the kingdom in which thy saints reign with thee, O Lord, clothed with light as with a garment, and having on their heads a crown of precious stones! For there is infinite, unfading joy, gladness without sorrow, health without a pang, life without toil, light without darkness, life without death; where the vigor of age knows no decay, and beauty withers not, nor doth love grow cold, now joy wane away, for there we look evermore upon the face of the Lord God of Hosts. I see Him at last whom I have ardently desired, I hold Him I have hoped for; I possess Him I have longed for...I embrace in the fullness of charity Him with whom I remained united by all the love of my heart; it is Him I praise, Him I bless, Him I adore, Him, my God, who lives for ever and for ever. Amen.
St. Augustine

No comments: