Thought for the day:

"Give me grace to amend my life, and to have an eye to mine end, without grudge of death, which to them that die in thee,
good Lord, is the gate of a wealthy life."
St. Thomas More

THREE THINGS

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man; to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
St. Thomas Aquinas

Rights of Man?

"The people have heard quite enough about what are called the 'rights of man'. Let them hear about the rights of God for once". Pope Leo XIII Tamesti future, Encyclical

Eternity

All souls owe their eternity to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many have turned their back to him.


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Thursday-Eucharist


I think that today is one the most awesome days of the year. Tonight Jesus begins the Blessed Sacrament for all, and gives His Disciples the power to do the same. How cool is that?! The Bread which came down from heaven, Jesus, is available to us every day of the year. The Jews have lost the meaning and holiness of their sacrifice, and now we have It! The protestants don't have it either, ever since the time when the 'reformers' left the Church.
I remember when I was a protestant, which I thought was fine then, and we got 'communion' once a month, under the appearance of a wafer and of grape juice. The minister would say, "This represents my body, which is given up for you". I'm looking at my bible, and it doesn't say 'represents' at all, which I thought was odd. He would then say the same thing about the blood before we got our grape juice. This isn't scriptural at all, I thought. Maybe this is when Our Blessed Mother got her hook into me for the first time. She kept reeling me in until she landed me, which I am now totally grateful for. Anyway, the Holy Eucharist is the only thing I care about now. I am going to end with this best known hymn celebrating the Blessed Sacrament. Thank you, Jesus, for this eternal gift.

Pange, ligua, gloriosi
Corporis mysterium,
Sangguinisque pretiosi,
Quem in mundi pretium,
Fructus ventris generosi,
Rex effudit gentium.

Nobis datus, nobis natus
Ex intacta Virgine,
Et in mundo conversatus,
Sparso verbi semine,
Sui moras incolatus
Miro clausit ordine.

In supremae nocte coenae
Recumbens cum fratribus,
Observata lege plene
Cibis in legalibus,
Cibum turbae duodenae
Se dat suis manibus.

Verbum caro, panem verum
Verbo carnem efficit:
Fitque sanguis Christi merum:
Et si sensus deficit,
Ad firmandum cor sincerum
Sola fides sufficit.

Tantum ergo Sacramentum
Veneremur cernui:
Et antiquum documentum
Novo cedat ritui:
Praestat fides supplementum
Sensuum defectui.

Genitori Genitoque
Laus et jubilatio,
Salus, honor, virtus quoque
Sit et benedictio:
Procedenti ab utroque
Compar sit laudatio. Amen.

No comments: