Thought for the day:

"Give me grace to amend my life, and to have an eye to mine end, without grudge of death, which to them that die in thee,
good Lord, is the gate of a wealthy life."
St. Thomas More

THREE THINGS

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man; to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
St. Thomas Aquinas

Rights of Man?

"The people have heard quite enough about what are called the 'rights of man'. Let them hear about the rights of God for once". Pope Leo XIII Tamesti future, Encyclical

Eternity

All souls owe their eternity to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many have turned their back to him.


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Smile

W.C. Fields said, "Begin every day with a smile, and get it out of the way."

I tried to do that today as I took both snowblowers, Big Red and his smaller brother, Little Red, to the repair shop. I am pretty upset about this, as we are to have 4-5 more inches tomorrow. Woo Woo! I even wore my "SARCASM, Just one more service I offer" t-shirt, but they apparently didn't get it. More shovelling on the horizon. I'm looking forward to that hot bath already!

Moving on, today I was reading in the 3rd volume of the Mystical City of God, and I found this very thought provoking. It says that after Jesus performed His first PUBLIC miracle in Cana, His Mother Mary followed Him like the other followers. It's not that she was just a mere woman, but she was The Woman who conceived Christ. The Woman in Genesis, The Woman in the Apocalypse, the one Jesus called "woman." She was and still is very important in the salvation of souls, just as her Son. She just can't forgive as He can. However, in the book it states that she was always helping others, and teaching others to help others. She was apart from Jesus at times, but "...always after a short time, she returned to her Lord and Master, following the Sun of justice until it sank into the abyss of death."

Isn't this what we are all supposed to be doing?

No comments: