Thought for the day:

"Give me grace to amend my life, and to have an eye to mine end, without grudge of death, which to them that die in thee,
good Lord, is the gate of a wealthy life."
St. Thomas More

THREE THINGS

"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man; to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
St. Thomas Aquinas

Rights of Man?

"The people have heard quite enough about what are called the 'rights of man'. Let them hear about the rights of God for once". Pope Leo XIII Tamesti future, Encyclical

Eternity

All souls owe their eternity to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, many have turned their back to him.


Tuesday, September 23, 2014

GUARDIAN ANGEL



Novena to Our Guardian Angel
Sept 23th – October 1st

[Say the novena for nine consecutive days.]

O holy angel, whom God, by the effect of His goodness and His tender regard for my welfare, has charged with the care of my conduct, and who assists me in all my wants and comforts me in all my afflictions, who supports me when I am discouraged and continually obtains for me new favors, I return thee profound thanks, and I earnestly beseech thee, O most amiable protector, to continue thy charitable care and defense of me against the malignant attacks of all my enemies. Keep me away from all occasions of sin. Obtain for me the grace of listening attentively to thy holy inspirations and of faithfully putting them into practice. In particular, I implore thee to obtain for me the favor which I ask for by this novena.

[Here mention your need(s)]

Protect me in all the temptations and trials of this life, but more especially at the hour of my death, and do not leave me until thou hast conducted me into the presence of my Creator in the mansions of everlasting happiness. Amen.

O most faithful companion, appointed by God to be my Guardian, and who never leaves my side, how shall I thank thee for thy faithfulness and love and for the benefits which thou hast obtained for me?
Thou watch over me when I sleep; thou comfort me when I am sad;
thou averts the dangers that threaten me and warns me of those to come;
thou withdraws me from sin and inspires me to good;
thou exhorts me to penance when I fall and reconciles me to God.
I beg thee not to leave me.
Comfort me in adversity, restrain me in prosperity, defend me in danger, and assist me in temptations, lest at any time I fall beneath them.
Offer up in the sight of the Divine Majesty my prayers and petitions,
and all my works of piety, and help me to persevere in grace until I come to everlasting life. Amen.

No comments: